The Makita 18V LXT® Lithium-Ion battery charges faster and works longer than standard lithium-ion batteries, giving you and your cordless tools unmatched performance and productivity to take on the most demanding applications. The Makita 5.0Ah battery has a category-leading charge time of only 45 minutes, so it spends more time working and less time sitting on the charger. The 18V LXT® 5.0Ah battery is compatible only with Star Protection tools, indicated by the Star Symbol™ and/or Yellow Battery Receiver under the tool. Makita 18V Lithium-Ion batteries resist self-discharge so they’re ready for use even after long periods of storage. The Makita Rapid Optimum Charger (sold separately) is a smart-charging system that communicates with the battery during the charging process to monitor current, voltage and temperature. This advanced charging technology helps optimize battery life and deliver a faster charge. In addition, the Charger has a built-in fan to cool the battery for faster and more efficient charging, even in hot weather conditions. For improved tool performance and extended battery life, Makita created STAR Protection Computer Controls™. STAR Protection is communication technology that allows the tool and battery to exchange data in real time and monitor conditions during use to protect against overloading, over-discharging and overheating. Makita, the innovation leader in cordless tool technology, has the world’s largest cordless tool system powered by 18V lithium-ion slide-style batteries.
- EFFICIENCY - Integrated L.E.D. battery charge level indicator allows user to monitor battery charge
- INNOVATION - Reaches full charge in 45 minutes or less
- PERFORMANCE - Provides up to 65% more run time per charge compared to BL1830
- CONVENIENCE - Compatible only with Makita 18V Lithium-Ion tools with Star Symbol™ and/or Yellow Battery Receivers
- INCLUDES - 18V LXT® Lithium-Ion 5.0Ah battery
California Proposition 65 Warning